Terms & conditions
By submitting your story to La Trobe University (La Trobe) for the La Trobe University 50th Anniversary Share Your La Trobe Story project, you agree to the following terms:
- You warrant that you own or have the right to submit your story and any materials submitted with your story, including any written, audio or visual materials (collectively Your Story), for the purposes set out in these terms.
- You warrant that Your Story and La Trobe’s use of Your Story will not
a) infringe any person's copyright or other intellectual property rights
b) infringe any person's privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
c) breach any other laws.
- You grant to La Trobe a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish, adapt and communicate Your Story, including a right to sublicense, in any format, digital, hardcopy, online or otherwise, for the following purposes:
a) education, training and research
b) marketing and promotional purposes; or
c) administrative purposes related to this form.
- You agree that La Trobe may agree to, but assumes no obligation to, publish Your Story for the purposes set out in these terms, and may modify or edit any part of Your Story that may:
a) contain confidential, factually incorrect, offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate content
b) violate any law or infringe any intellectual property right of another person
c) sell or promote any goods or services or other commercial, political or other ventures; or
d) not comply with these terms.
- You agree that that the views and opinions expressed in your story are yours alone and do not reflect the views and opinions of La Trobe University or any of its employees past or present.
La Trobe University respects the privacy of your personal information. Your personal information submitted with Your Story will be used for purposes related to your submission in accordance with the University’s privacy policies. Copies of the University’s privacy policies are available at: www.latrobe.edu.au/privacy or upon request. For information, contact the University’s Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other queries relating to this form and La Trobe’s 50th Anniversary Project please contact the 50th Anniversary Office at: email@example.com or on 03 9479 2070.