Terms & conditions
As part of its 50th anniversary celebrations, La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (La Trobe) is seeking contributions, from members of the public, of photographs of their time at La Trobe, to be added to La Trobe’s records and archives.
By uploading and sharing photographs through La Trobe’s website, or donating hard copy photographs to La Trobe, you (Donor), agree to be bound by and comply with these terms (Terms):
- The Donor warrants that to the best of their knowledge:
a) they own the copyright in the photographs (whether in hard copy or digital form) that they are providing to La Trobe or has the right to provide the photographs to La Trobe; and
b) La Trobe’s use of the photographs will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
Use of photographs
- The Donor grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate the photographs, including a right to sublicense it to other parties, in any format for any purpose.
- La Trobe’s permitted use of the photographs includes, but is not limited to:
a) posting the photographs on La Trobe’s website and social media accounts;
b) publishing the photographs for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes;
c) making copies of the photographs available for research purposes; and
d) digitising the photographs and/or uploading them to its Online Image Library, which allows staff members to freely access and use the photographs.
Removal and return of photographs
- Any photographs which are deemed offensive or inappropriate by La Trobe:
a) will not be published on the La Trobe website if provided in digital form; and
b) may be returned to the Donor if donated in hard copy.
- If La Trobe receives a complaint or request to remove a photograph, La Trobe may, in its absolute discretion, remove the photo from the La Trobe website.
For any other queries relating to this form and La Trobe’s 50th Anniversary Project please contact the 50th Anniversary Office at: email@example.com or on 03 9479 2070.